For Year 11 revision this week, I have collated 30 GCSE past paper questions on triangles. Any incarnation of triangle questions are included, such as pythag questions, area questions, algebraic perimeter questions, similarity questions and trig questions.
I have created 2 versions. One with the question included, and one with just the diagram included.
The intention is for students to:
- Determine the range of questions that may be asked of them regarding triangles
- Determine the different strategies for each question
- Identify the strategy to be used for a particular question, without even reading the question – this will be an actual task – to label each diagram with a note about what they think it looks like (a pythag question, a trig question etc)
- Find as much information as they can about each diagram without knowing the question – can they find missing sides? Angles? Area? Perimeter? Similarity?
- Cross reference with the acual GCSE question.
This is a 2 lesson project. I even printed all the diagrams onto stickers.